May 24, 2008
More random notes (I wish I could remember more!).
Keynote Address by Kathleen Yancey, “Inventing the Self, Co-Inventing the University: Electronic Portfolios, New Composings, and the 21st Century University”
- Model One: “Stickiness”
- Model Two: Assessment
- Model Three: “Integrative” Learning
- Model Four: The Future
Mark Twain: “Why not go out on a limb? that’s where the fruit is.”
Association of American Colleges and Universities: “VALUE: Valid Assessment of Learning in Undergraduate Education,” http://www.aacu.org/value/outcomes.cfm
- TikiWiki, http://info.tikiwiki.org/tiki-index.php
- “Open source courses”
- Technology and Literacy Class Wiki Project, http://pagnucci.iupdhc.org/wiki/tiki-index.php
- Blogger, Google – Free, but proprietary
- WordPress – open source
- typepad – for-pay
- Critical technological literacy, a la Selfe et al.
Student resistance to C&Wers “jumping on the Wiki bandwagon”
* * *
- Sharepoint ePortfolio
- Writing community (students)
- Teaching community (teachers)
Taylor Mitchell & James Ricci
- Horizon Report 2008
- “Instruction 2.0”
- CollegeWriting, http://collegewriting.us/default.aspx
No, I didn’t present anything. These were just random thoughts in my random notes:
Course idea? LILAC post? “Wikipedia is a Wiki, too!”
Ongoing project: Anthony Atkins, GRN book (David Blakesley, Parlor Press?). Invite articles; proceeds donated to GRN Travel Grant Fund.
With Angela Haas? Video “book” – GRN 10th aniversary (or Kairos special issue?)
GRN Online 2009 – Angela and Mialisa and CarlC? Facebook GRN!
Okay, so if anyone has any idea what my notes are about, let me know!